Hi all,

I received a Duo 280c today. It came with a Type 1 battery, which, to my understanding, should work fine with the 280c if a little underpowered. Anyway, if I leave the battery in, the Duo won't boot. If I insert it after the 280c has booted, the battery icon in the menubar shows that the battery is fully charged, but then the whole thing shuts down without warning.

That is an evil battery. You must use Battery recondition to whip it into shape. Odds are, the first time you try it, the machine will crash and die. Keep trying to recondition the battery (at least 3-4 times). If that doesnt work, about the only hope is to use a Lind Supercharger to try and recondition it, but I dont know if anyone has had sucess with Type 1 batts and the supercharger (Type 3 is the best).

Worst case, you can crack the battery open and replace the cells.

Mad Dog