Jacob writes,

<I'm looking at modems for my 190 and have seen a lot of psion gold
cards about (Modem/Fax). Does anyone know if these will work with my
powerbook?
If not any other suggestions?>

Well, I happen to be using a Megahertz PCMCIA fax modem card with an
X-jack on my own PB 190. Since it's only 14.4k on occasion I wish it was
56k, but since 95-99% of what I'm using it for is picking up/sending
email, it's adequate, and I like the X-jack a lot. Probably I wouldn't be
saying a 14.4 was OK if I wanted to do lots of web surfing on the 190
(which I don't), but for my own needs, it works well enough -- it does
what I need it to do, and it doesn't give me any headaches.  BTW, never
heard of "psion gold" cards...

~Yersinia.

________

"Never ask a man what sort of computer he drives. If it's a Mac, he'll
tell you. If not, why embarrass him?" -- Tom Clancy