Well so I broke my trackpad button on my 3400c and need to buy a new one. I know its probably unlikely i'll find anyone that just sells the button, but rather the whole trackpad and palmrest.

Sun and PowerBook Guy want too much though, I think. Are there any other parts resellers where I can get one?

This is a reaaly common problem and an easy fix. Take the machanism apart and the fracture will be obvious. Now get some good stiff plastic about 1.5mm thick (I cut mine from the storage box some screws came in) and cut a little square just big enough to sit under the rectangular tab that has cracked , bridging the crack to the supports (this will be obvious )

Now get some goo impact (=contact) adhesive. coat both the reinforcing square you have just made and the bottom of the fractured machanism . let it dry. press together (get it right first time! you dont get a second chance.

That's it. I've done this to all 3 of my 3400s now.

ISSUES:

You need to be sure the repair will clear both the fan casing and IC on the board underneath, you dont want to transfer 'click-vibrations' to the circuitboard! But all this is really obvious when you have it apart.

Ben -- The VidaVerde Seed Collection 14 Southdown Avenue, Lewes East Sussex, BN7 1EL

Excellent Vegetables
For the Kitchen Garden:
illustrated catalogue at
http://www.vidaverde.co.uk