--- ken ross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >Somebody sent me a hot MRJ downloads link -
> relating to gettin LimeWire to
> >run on System 7.
> >Well I installed the latest 7.6.1 compatible
> version of MRJ, and it worked
> >fine, but LimeWire wont run.
>

> i've got 8.6 in my PPC desktop & i've never been
> able to get Limewire to
> run  ~ or install beyond throwing itself into trash
> ~   there's some
> crucial bit of Java that's needed that isn't  in
> anything that can be
> downloaded for macs as far as i can tell .
>
> -------

The problem must be conflict or perhaps even
"powerbook specific" since I too have been unable to
install any flavor of Limewire on my 3400, but have
had success with machines as old as a 950 on 8.5 and a
7200 Wintel Houdini machine, as well as my 9.1 OS 7600
with a Sonnet G4 upgrade. Each of the desktops works
as well with the bloated software as it can be
expected to, but nothing I do has allowed the 3400 to
get past a dead point in the install. The screen will
freez and simply waite for you till the cows come
home.

=====
Don Wakefield
DTPetc! (DeskTop Productions et cetera!)