Done this with the Duo adapter to my 1400 when the 1400's AC went bad. The
Duo's stock ac adapter doesn't put out enough power to charge the battery,
but it will run the 1400. Word of warning though, if you leave in the 1400's
battery when you use the Duo's adapter, you WILL kill the battery. Don't
know why, just happens....someone with more knowledge here help me out?

Chris