>I recently bought a Panasonic KXL-D340 external CD-ROM player. It included
>a PC Card adapter, that appears on the desktop as a SCSI Card. However, the
>CD-ROM it is not recognized. I suppose it needs a driver. I googled it but
>can find only Windoze drivers.
>Anyone knows if there is a Mac driver that recognizes a PC Card SCSI Adapter?

IIRC, no Mac driver was released for this PC card, as most of the PBs
extant when this product was released had builtin SCSI ports.

I believe the design of the card was Adaptec's, and Panasonic
manufactured the card under license.

If a Mac driver was ever released for this card, it would most likely
come from Adaptec, not from Panasonic.

It is possible to support this drive through the PB or DT/MT SCSI port
through the usual mods to Apple's CD or CD/DVD driver.

I've used this drive on machines from the PB 500 to the G3 MT.

The advantages include builtin stereo speakers (with an included cable to
the PB/DT/MT itself) and battery power.

The disadvantage is it requires a Mac (DB-25 or HD-30) to SCSI-2 cable,
or a SCSI-1 to SCSI-2 adapter plus the usual Mac to SCSI-1 cable, none of
which is/are included in the kit. I elected to use a SCSI-1 to SCSI-2
adapter plus my usual DT/MT (DB-25) or PB (HD-30) cable.

As a portable solution, the Panasonic drive is light-years ahead of the
terrible "Rio" (NEC ?) drive.

Once source of a patch is:

http://www.pure-mac.com/hard.html#cdpatch

However, there are several others.