At 03:41 PM -0400 04/24/2004, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
A while ago, I tried and failed to get my 190 to "see" a CD drive I plugged into its SCSI port. This despite the fact the Wallstreet would see it.

It just occurred to me -- wasn't it the case that some Mac's explicitly looked for Apple-scat in the CDR firmware, and would not acknowledge an "alien" drive? Was the 190 one of those picky machines? Could it be the borrowed SCSI CDR is unblessed and thus ignored?

If it isn't an Apple-branded drive, the PowerBook won't see it, period. You have to install a 3rd party driver such as CD-ROM Toolkit.

- Dan.