512 is correct, but the bottom stick must be a low-profile one, whereas
the top one may be a standard profile one.

Yep, 512 MB is the right number. I've got 384 MB in one of mine, and 192 in the other. You can buy the RAM from OWC, which I recommend, and you can buy from standard PC retailers if you know the right specs. You might find a bargain that way, but OWC does have excellent service and support. IIRC, they have a no-questions-asked (at least in my experience with dead RAM modules from them) lifetime warranty & replacement/repair policy on the RAM they sell.

To throw more fuel on the fire... IIRC, some Wallstreet G3 CPU upgrades can only take 256 MB total (128 per slot). I'm not sure of the reason for this, but I've heard mutterings about the ROM revision used on the upgrades.

Peace,
Drew
--

Author of ClassicStumbler email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> web: <http://www.alksoft.com/>