I'm currently using a PowerBook 3400 but have the possibility of obtaining what I
think is a first generation PowerBook Wallstreet with a dead motherboard.  Using just
the serial number, is there a way to find out exactly which Wallstreet this is?

I'm thinking that if I can get it for a good price and located a motherboard for it
that would be a nice step up from my PB3400.  The question is, where would I obtain a
motherboard for a Wallstreet (besides eBay) and what's a good price, for a dead
Wallstreet and for a motherboard?  With all of the variations of Wallstreets I would
think there would be a lot of different motherboards out there.

Anything else I should look out for?  The case on this thing is pretty banged up but a
repair tech ran some tests on it and said it was the motherboard that's bad.  Of
course I have no idea what the screen looks like since I've not see it running.  It
does have a zip drive, CD, floppy (not that I'd ever use it) and power supply.  It
also has HD and RAM but I don't know how much.

 Tom Roth  *  tel 336.716.4493
 Wake Forest University School of Medicine
 Dept of Biomedical Communications
 Medical Center Blvd  *  Winston-Salem, NC 27157
 http://www.wfubmc.edu/biomed/