At 05:31 PM 5/1/2004, you wrote:
My 3400 refuses to boot properly, if at all, unless a
powered, external SCSI device is attached. I can't
tell with a magnifying glass if any components fell
off the logic board after a heavy crash on a concrete
floor. I did find a tiny rectangular yellow bit (1/16
x 1/16 x 1/8 in.) with two flat, gray hooks (probably
metal), bent inward and almost flush. There are some
imprinted characters on the other long end but they
are not colored and too faint to read. If this fell
off the logic board, would it be a resistor?
Finding it's position will be quite a task, and how
would it be attached to the logic board?
George

Internal SCSI terms I have seen take one of two forms. One is a DIP package (i.e. "integrated circuit") in a socket at the board edge.

The other is a SIP resistor package. These are oh, ceramic centipedes. You have a package roughly 0.125 high, and <1" long, with say 18 legs coming out the long edge. One is the common, the others the individual resistors. Wish I could find you a picture but...