Hello,

...IF this e-mail message gets thru (w/ all of the "bounced" messages I have
been getting...!);

I was wondering if the above is possible....

I have seen the Apple "PowerBook G3, 3400, 5300, 190: Battery
Interchangeability Article," and done the research on the FAQ and the WWW, but now I want
testimonies from the resident GuRus on the list...

In addition to the two other posts confirming it works, there is a bit more to say.

Not only does the battery not charge, apparently it isn't recognized correctly, either. I believe one of the Victorias on this list did a test for us once - she ran her 190 (I think) off a 3400 Li-Ion battery. The control strip didn't give her any info about the battery (current charge or expected run-time), so she used a stop watch (or other clock) to time it. I guess it ran for something close to 5 hours. Not bad!

So, yes, the battery will power the PowerBook. The OS, however, will not recognize it properly (that includes not displaying any info about the battery's charge level in addition to not re-charging it). So that's a tricky combination - if you've been running on battery for a while, you may have no warning before the power cuts out. I don't know if the PowerBook hardware will automatically detect a low voltage and go to sleep or if going to sleep requires the OS to intercede before an undervoltage shutdown and loss of unsaved work.

Peace,
Drew

--

Author of ClassicStumbler email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> web: <http://www.alksoft.com/>