> Is that right what he said about 144mb RAM being the max in a 3400?
Yes, the standard 16MB onboard plus 128 on the largest RAM card available. I
presume that's the max that the ROM's can handle, since no one ever made
larger capacity expansion cards.

> What is the oldest and the newest OS that they run?
Mac OS 7.6 is the oldest, and the newest depends on what you mean.
Officially, it's OS 9.1. However, 9.2.2 can be installed with the help of
OS9Helper, and Mac OS X up to version 10.1.5 can be installed with the help
of XPostFacto.

> Also can someone tell me how to figure out which model/version G3 powerbok
> someone has? Using the AppleSystem Profiler maybe?
That will do it, if you know how it identifies each type. In a nutshell,
though...
PowerBook G3 "Kanga": 250 MHz G3 processor in what is basically a hopped-up
3400, and looks just like a 3400.
PB G3 Series "Wallstreet": G3 processors 233-300 MHz, 66 or 83 MHz bus
speed, looks like it's a PowerBook in a wetsuit.
PB G3 "Lombard": G3 at 333 or 400 MHz, 66 MHz bus looks like a Wallstreet
with a bronze keyboard.
PB G3 "Pismo": G3 at 400 or 500 MHz, 100 MHz bus, looiks like a Lombard but
has on-board FireWire instead of SCSI. Also a lot faster than any of the
others.

> Finally can someone tell me what are the RAM limits for each one these
models?
Kanga-160 MB (32 MB onboard plus 128 MB RAM card)
Wallstreet-512 MB (officially 192, but handles up to 512 fine)
Lombard-512 MB
Pismo-1 GB (1024 MB)