From: Don Wakefield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PowerBooks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Excel Help Anyone? (OT)
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 18:30:22 -0700 (PDT)

Are there any Excel masters out there? I surely am NOT
and what should be a simple fix has so far eluded me.
I have an item checklist which has one column which
contains a list of items. The column immediately to
its left is a narrow column which will receive either
a "Y", an "N", or an "NA" (Yes, No, or Not Applicable)

My problem is that at some point in the construction, a few of these narrow cells (and I do mean only several) have magically become intuitive in a disagreeable way. They will accept a "Y", but when an "N" is typed, those few cells create a drop down menu which is populated with "NA" and Excel populates the cell with "NA" even if you only type "N" and "return".

I would like to either loose this intuitive ability
altogether, or enhance it so that each item had a
selection which included both "N" and "NA" (in that
order) so a choice could be made from the list's
natural state of "Y". Copying cells which act one way
into cells which act the other has not been
effective.I don't know what turned this on in these
few cells. I don't know how to improve it to become
useful, and I can't find a way to turn it off.

Anybody have any ideas as to how to kill or enhance
Excel's intuition?