On Thursday, June 24, 2004, at 10:41 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I have noticed that the 802.11b wireless on ALL of my powerbooks, from my
3400c/180 to my 550c/183, seems slower than when I use 802.11b ethernet/wired on
either... how much s-l-o-w-e-r is WiFI compared to 10BaseT? (Sorry about my

Not a whole lot slower, I get the 71 meg 9.1 update downloaded in about 6 min on my 1400/G3, whether via 802.11b or wired onto my home network (ftp).

I just moved maybe 1.5 gig of stuff (I didn't check exactly, but it's under 2) from my 1400 to my G4 via appleshareIP and it took about 50min.

HTH.

Brian
--
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."
-- Theodore Roosevelt, speaking on President Wilson's crackdown on dissent after the U.S. entered W.W.I