There is one very strange thing, I have found that if I massage one of my
more recalcetrent (sp?) batteries and then even tap it lightly on a hard serface
(about as hard as you might tap a stuck jar lid of Mayo), the Wall St. charger
I have will then recognize the battery and usually charge it enough to run
the PowerBook about 30 Min.

Easy. the little tin straps that connect the cells are corroding and have a bad contact. when you bang it, it brings them into better contact again. sadly it won't carry on forever.

you can saw it open and re-solder the straps (i have done this sucessfully on my mobile phone which had EXACTLY this symptom)

However, the downside is that SOLDERING BATTERIES IS VERY DANGEROUS AND THEY MAY WELL EXPLODE.

mine didn't though. be quick and minimise heating. ButI would wear eye protection and be ***very*** careful if I were you.

Ben
--
The VidaVerde Seed Collection
14 Southdown Avenue, Lewes