"D J" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>...However, I need to upgrade my browser if possible.  I
> cannot seem to find older versions of internet explorer for download.  Does
> anyone have any suggestions for a browser I could use?  I prefer internet
> explorer but am willing to change.  I am working with a Powerbook 1400cs
> with os 8.0.

In March of this year I asked that same question and was answered by
this mailing group so I am happy to pass on the solution that worked for me.

I have a Powerbook 3400c/240 using OS 8.1 and did not want to upgrade
because everything except the browser (Netscape Communicator 4.79) was
working fine.

I was advised to download iCab and I did so.

What a relief. It copes with most web pages.

<http://www.icab.de/>

Netscape Archived Client Products
<http://wp.netscape.com/download/archive/client_archive47x.html>

Some odd pages will still freeze the pages but that is life until you
can catch up with current web design.

Good luck and enjoy your Powerbook 1400cs as long as you can.

M B