In a message dated 7/23/2004 2:47:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>VST, I think.

Yes, VST. They made an ac adapter for the 3400c. I guess you could plug the
machine in w/o having to lug around the normal brick AC adapter. It also
allowed you to use the 190/5300 dual battery charger to charge 3400 Li-Ion
batteries.

I have one... I have yet to use it. The module itself has two ports for
plugs; one in the rear (for the ac wall outlet plug) and one in the front (exposed)
part that looks like the power jack in the 190/5300. I think I got cords with
it also. Still am not sure how it charges the batteries, in or out of the
powerbook.

It is too, too bad Apple did not go forward with the mini-cd adapter.
Mini-cds would have been a cool option for PDAs, Palmtops... plus, these days there
are alot of CD-R/RWs in the mini-cd format.

Craig W.
Atlanta, GA
Power corrupts. Absolute power's a blast. ­- John Fund