> I'm setting up a couple of SEs, each with a Stylewriter II, for a
> couple of struggling authors.
> So far I have installed a nice set of WP apps, a few games, and some
> office utilities. I was hoping to add a PDF viewer, and the oldest
> one I had archived was Acrobat 2.1, which requires a 68020 or better
> ( and won't install on the SE without one ).
>
> Does anyone know if Acrobat 1.0 ran on an old machine?

There's good news and bad news for you: Acrobat 1.0 will run on 68000 machines (well,
the PB100 for certain, but probably other 68000-based macs also). The bad news is that
pdf files have evolved so far beyond 1.0 that you won't be able to read most pdf
documents out there.

If you want to give it a try anyway, check out
http://www.ou.nl/open/psl/pb100/#Software (scroll down the links to the 4-disk
download), or http://home.earthlink.net/~gamba2/tidbits.html to download the 1.0
reader.

I don't know if you could get 2.1 to install by using Sim020 first. I have never tried
it, but who knows? Maybe it's worth a try...there are vastly many more 2.1-compatible
documents out there.

Good luck!

--Cheers,
Tom