[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>What, if any, is the identity of the CD-ROM-R-R/W mechanism which will
>fit and work in the CD-ROM's media tray?

Most any standard slim optical will fit into the 12x EBM, however I've
yet to lay my hands on SW capable of burning with an EBM CD-R/W in a
PB1400.

Quoting myself:
>The only SW which is alleged to work with an internal CDRW in a PB1400 is
>"B's Recorder Gold". All other's I've tried have failed, including Toasts
>up to v5.1.4, Disk Burner, Disk Copy 6.5, iTunes 1 and 2, plus more I'm
>not remembering right now.

As usual, for more infos I offer the url to my EBM page:
<http://mywebpages.comcast.net/macdan/ebms.html>

Dan K

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700