On Wednesday, August 18, 2004, at 04:34 am, Andrew Kershaw wrote:

Hi

Well that rules me out as i am still trying the adb mod on my duo! but i think that that is a call for you Mad dog

vicki

I doubt it. I dont of anything other than apples comm board which will fit the slot. Lets not even talk about driver availability.....

Mad Dog

Right. I've thought about this, too. The slot in the 3400 is not physically compatible with Mini-PCI cards. The slot may be electrically compatible (same electrical signals, etc), however, so if you are good with soldering, you might be able to come up with some sort of adapter connection for standard Mini-PCI cards.

As for drivers, there aren't ANY for Mac OS. However, there are plenty of Linux drivers for Prism based Mini-PCI cards. You could conceivably run Linux on your 3400c, compile a copy of the driver for PowerPC, and install some sort of hacked card in your PowerBook to get Wi-Fi. But that's quite a hack, and probably not worth your time unless you are a Mad Hacker kind of person.

Peace,
Drew

vick's Lombard