on 8/20/04 9:14 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Which Firewire card works for you?
>
> Neither the IBM nor the PPA cards work for me.

Some generic brand that doesn't have any logo or marking on it, other than
"FireWire IEEE" whatever the heck its called.  I bought it on eBay for $15
buy it now, brand new.  There were dozens of them at the time (about three
months ago).

It looks exactly like the Belkin three-port firewire Cardbus card found
here:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=2
01526&pcount=&Product_Id=148854

It is literally identical, even down to little design curves and accents,
and the square thing on top.  I'd swear its a Belkin with the label removed,
only the Belkin drivers don't recognize it.

It works though with the stock OS 9 drivers, but ONLY if it is inserted
BEFORE the computer is powered on.  Strange...