on 8/11/04 7:59 AM, gf sciacca at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> Are you sure COPR (Command-Option-P-R) is the Power Reset?  It's the
>> standard PRAM reset on pretty much all Macs.  But Power Manager Reset
>> is usually a separate key sequence.
>
> Power Manager reset for Powerbook 500 series:
> 1) remove the AC adapter and battery
> 2) let it rest for 3-5 minutes
> 3) hold down Control-Command-Option and Power On keys for 5-10 seconds
> 4) reinstall battery, reconnect AC adapter
> 5) restart
>
> cheers, gianfranco

I am still a little confused on this. If I boot the machine with the
batteries and power supply both in, boots fine. If I remove the power supply
and either restart or shut down and boot up from the batteries, boots fine.
If I remove the batteries and the re-insert them with the power supply
disconnected, the machine will not boot off the batteries, but must have the
power supply re-connected to boot up if both batteries and the power supply
have been disconnected at the same time. How can you get the machine to boot
off the batteries without using the power supply if the batteries have been
removed and re-inserted? I would have though the Power re-set above would do
it, but the last step there is reconnect the ps. ????????????
--
All the Best,

R.A. Cantrell

[EMAIL PROTECTED]