Could anyone give me their best guess on this. I have a PB145B that was
dropped on the corner where the power supply plugs in, foot is off and crack
runs through to the floppy opening, stripped down there seems to be a burn
mark on the insulation under a surface mount component I believe is a diode.
Next to this chip is a smaller one marked on the screening L9 I think this
is a resistor, any chance that's correct?

I have no power supply for it so have recharged the battery free standing to
7.5V, but it doesn't power up just clicks. Can anyone tell me if the power
supply plug is positive centre pole or outer shell?

Thanks,
Bruce