Howdy,

My 1400 is still stalling out for periods of 30 seconds to a minute at a
time. It's always been a little pokey under OS 8.6, but it never did this
before about a couple of months ago.

Happens mostly while it is online, but sometimes even when offline, like in
ClarisWorks.

I've defragged as much as possible. Didn't help noticeably.

This behavior also appears random. Sometimes it is fine for an hour, then it
starts happening every so often. Doesn't seem to have any pattern to it, but
it feels like the processor is trying to catch up to something, and whatever
it is is so taxing that it has to quit everything to do it.

I need to make it stop doing this, as it is eating up way too much time
during email sessions, etc.

Any help much appreciated.

Ken N.