At 5:27 PM -0400 on 10/8/04, Beverly Woods wittily wrote:

>Ken wrote:
>
>> Paypal and its parent eBay upgrade their software (the new eBay 2.0) on or
>> about June 5, 2004. They no longer fully support Mac OS 9 browsers. Their
>> new eBay 2.0 is designed to work with Windows computers only. They wont
>> admit this, but that is what has happened.
>>
>> Here is what I have found out that does not work with Paypal.
>>
>> iCab, cannot change funding source, it gives you a new page asking to add a
>> new bank account. Unable to complete payments because of this. Cannot send
>> a trouble report by their web based system, buttons don't work when you try
>> to send the report. Prior to this upgrade, iCab worked in all functions.
>
>>(........)
>
>> Please call Paypal customer service line and let them know you want them to
>> support Mac's and OS 9.
>>
>> PayPal US toll-free at: 1-888-221-1161 or please call 1-402-935-2107.
>

>I had this exact experience and called Paypal tech support, whereupon they
>told me straight out that they were not supporting any classic Mac browsers,
>or IE in any format, any more. I pointed out that it would be very nice if
>they bothered to tell customers this anywhere on their site, instead of
>having thousands of us simply try to do something that worked the day before
>and suddenly have it not work for no obvious reason, leading to endless
>wasted time trying to get things to work, etc.
>
>I also tried to impress upon them that a large part of their customer base
>was running Classic Mac OS. The tech responded with a mantra  of: "Security,
>security, security..." saying none of these browsers were up to their high
>security standards. I pointed out that my banking and credit card companies
>all managed to make their sites work with browsers I use. He insisted that
>their security was not up to the stellar level that Paypal is committed to.
>:-P
>
>In any case, while I have lots of problems getting pages to load in Mozilla,
>I have actually managed to get some Paypal transactions done successfully in
>that, and in Netscape 4.79 (which, however, crashes Macs if you even try to
>load an eBay page in it, at least for myself and several of my customers.)
>
>I will be interested to hear what happens if people call Paypal. Please feel
>free to write me (offlist, please! as this is venturing into the OT) with
>your experiences, as I may write an LEM column about it.
>
>Beverly
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>--
>Beverly Woods
>Visit my Low End Mac column: http://www.lowendmac.com/woods/index.html
>music website:
>http://www.sethausten.com/
>

>--

I use Netscape 7.02 and I can access all features of eBay including uploading
pictures and I use it for PayPal and I can use all of the features there too.

I have used it recently this past month and at both places, and the only
issue that is see is that eBay tells me that my browser setttings prevent it
from redirecting automatically when I log in and I have to click a link.

Have you tried Netscape 7.02?

You should try with Netscape 7.02, it works fine for me.
--
<<<>>>
Curiosity killed the cat,

Blessings