Ken wrote:
>Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:52:18 -0400
>From: Kenneth Vann
>Subject: Re: which Netscape for PB 1400 G3 OS 8.6??
>
>>Hello all
>>Thanks for all your help with the 1400 for my Dad.
>Glad its working. How does he like it?

He hasn't got it yet, I have to ship it to him in Boston
Speaking of Boston can anyone recommend a good Mac service shop in the Boston Metro area? One that won't be confused by a OS 8.6?

>>Then I started from "WirelessOS" and installed the Orinoco 7.2 driver
>>and it worked perfectly with the YDI wireless Diamond card (P/N >>012606/B).
>You will like that card, if you ever upgrade your Dad to say a >Wallstreet, that card will work with the AirPort Software in OS 9. No >more partitions.

Also works in my Lombard under OS 9.2.2

>For email, I use Eudora 3.1. Very small ram requirement.Runs in OS 6.05 >to 9.2.2.

He'll be using the Eudora package from MIT set up for their servers.
He used it on his old 1400 so I expect it should run fine on this one.

>Arocbat Reader, v4 or 5 your choice.

! Forgot about Acrobat, I'll have to get a copy for him.

>If you can find a copy of Ram Doubler 9, that works great in OS 8.6 and
>will give you some more headroom.

I've got RAM doubler 2 but that's probably not the same.
I haven't got a floppy drive to load it anyway.

--
Andrew in Ann Arbor
technology is the answer, what was the question?