An old trick picked up from my days as an electronics technician:

Use a two vial/tube epoxy product (any will do) and fashion the repair parts
(eg. screw tabs, etc.) from a small piece of smooth cotton, fiberglass cloth
or the new fiberglass plastering tape (or even a piece of paper towel will
work) that is "soaked" in the epoxy.  The idea is to give the epoxy a
semi-rigid base on which to bind.  Be sure to wash the epoxy far enough onto
the part being repaired to let it form a proper base for the new
restoration.

Wait overnight before working on it, but when it is hard, you can file it,
drill it, trim it, snip it (if you are so disposed, I suppose you can grind
it and snort it).  Works wonderfully.  Interesting coincidence: That's what
I used to repair a broken screw tab on a 1400c CD cover, and it worked fine
(just like I remembered).  I don't think I would permanently
glue/epoxy/plastic weld the door to the metal drive.  Besides, as I remember
that drive, isn't there a piece of metalized shielding that comes over the
front of that drive?

rb