Which begs the question for me...Apple knew this board was capable of at least 50 MHz bus speeds, since they did it on the Kanga. Why did they cripple the 603 models with anemic bus speeds when a 10 percent increase can offset a 20 percent difference in clockspeed?

Although the 3400 and 3500 are similar, you cant necessarily say its capable of 50 MHz bus speed. The ICs on the motherboard may not be rated for that speed, and the RAM may have the same problem. Getting the bus speed to 44 MHz doesnt surprise though.

Here's a screenshot of the comparsion if anyone's interested...
http://athalawulf.com/desktop198.jpg

As a side note, I know there was some discussion about possibly replacing
the failing IC's that cause 3400 sleeping sickness. Did anyone figure out a
way to do this, and if so, how? I wouldn't mind fixing my 240 MHz board if I
could.

I have tried, and tried, and swapped many ICs and I have had no luck so far.

Mad Dog