I have a collection of fonts from various hard drives that I'd like to organize, all in their separate "Fonts" folders.

I'd like to make sure I have the newest versions of each font set. I'd also like to make sure that I have all of the bitmap fonts from one "courier new" suitcase alongside all of the TrueType "courier new" fonts residing in a different suitcase. I've noticed some suitcases have more bitmap fonts (along side the TrueType fonts) than another suitcase of the same name.

Firstly, I've tried using Folder Compare to check on the newest versions of everything between two "Fonts" folders, but it only compares the most recent MODIFIED date of each font suitcase, not the creation date, so it doesn't really help. Secondly, it won't let me drop the suitcase itself onto it's Comparator window, so I can't compare the contents (thus the actual fonts) between two font suitcases.

1) Is there another, better folder sync utility that would allow me to do either of those things? Or do I have to do it in two finder windows?

2)  Is it really a good idea to have fonts with all the lates creation dates?

3) Do I really need to get all these bitmap fonts into suitcases that did not originally contain them? (say, a suitcase from the 8.6 system folder compared to a suitcase from a 7.1 system folder that originally had more bitmap font sizes in it.)

4)  Should I just turn on the TV and melt my brain in a less frustrating way?

--

Dan5300c