There are some hacks around the internet to use the installer or pull the pieces out but it was much easier just to copy it over.

All you need is TomeViewer. No hacks required. This very useful program opens standard Apple installation tomes (ie, in an apple install folder) and lists the things in them (just like Stuffit opening archives).

Just click on what you want in the list (i.e. the USB files) and voila - they're extracted for you, right there on your desktop.

Easier, IMHO, than transferring stuff from one to another. And you can easily get new ones if you corrupt/loose the old ones.

You can use this to try all sorts of bits that the apple installer wont let you install on your machine!

Ben

PS, It is possible that you actually need a driver for your jump-drive. Eg, my USB card works fine, but can't see my camera unless the camera driver is in the exyensions folder. I think it all depends how your jump drive identifies itself when interrogated by the USB system.
--
The VidaVerde Seed Collection
14 Southdown Avenue, Lewes

Excellent Vegetables For the Kitchen Garden:
Illustrated Catalogue at http://www.realseeds.co.uk
Or call 01239 821107 for a paper copy.