With great conviction Bruce Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>You'll take my Kensington trackballs when you pry them out of my cold,
>dead fingers, and I've never attached a mouse to any of my Powerbooks.

"cold, dead finger"s, eh?!? <G>

I too love my TurboMice, first thing my new-to-me Quicksilver got was an
iMate ADB-USB adapter so's I could use my beloved oldey TurboMouse 4 (and
of course an Apple Extended KB II!) Isn't it strange how input devices
really haven't improved since circa 1990? I've tried all sorts of
mice/T-balls/T-pads and KBs, but I've not yet found anything superior (or
even equal) to the above combination.

With 'Books, I use a USB Kensington Orbit. While not tiny, it's just
compact enough to slip into a 'Book case. The ball is smaller than the
billiard-sized balls I so love with my desktop, but large enough to be
unfiddly, unlike some other portable trackballs I've seen. Cheap too, I
think I paid $12 or thereabouts for a pair of 'em (brand new!) on eBay. I
confess, it's mostly for gaming, ever play a FPS with a T-pad?!?

When bopping about however I still mostly use the trackpad, it does
rather defeat alot of the portability thing dealing with a dangling
T-ball. No matter, I'm quite comfortable switching between them. I have
just never warmed up to mice, though I'm certainly spoiled having for so
long used TurboMice!

dan k

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700