At 05:46 PM -0800 11/27/2004, Cliff Rediger wrote:
Macnifico wrote:
"now I use Firefox."

On the Firefox site I find: "MacOS9 and earlier are not supported"

Right - FF is OS X only.

I concur with most comments about iCab
It seems a little snappier in many cases but so many sites
just do not like it.
I'm running 9.1 on a PB 3400.
So, I usually resort to IE but am open to alternatives.

Haven't really been following this thread, but I'll throw in my two bits:

Eudora 6.1.1, in sponsored mode, for email. Qualcomm has ditched OS 9 development, so I don't recommend paying.

WaMCom Mozilla 1.3.1 and iCab 2.9.8 for browsing. iCab's identities are set to iCab (iow, I'm NOT spoofing at all).

Because of the memory leak in Flash 6 and 7, I'm currently running iCab *without* the Flash plug-ins. Very stable that way! For Flash and those badly written sites, that look like crap without a full CSS implementation, I use Moz. Of course, after viewing a Flash site, I quit and relaunch Moz, to prevent the mem leak from gakking the system.

WRT memory allocation... Remember that iCab uses temp memory quite efficiently. So leave its preferred memory size at 3000K. Moz, OTOH, has no clue about temp memory, so it needs oodles assigned directly to it. My normal Moz surfing is done with 8 tabs and half a dozen windows open; 50000K works well.

FWIW,
- Dan.