Several months ago, some of you may recall, one of the two overgrown
galoots, euphemistically called Œsonsš, who hibernate in my home tripped and
fell on my deskšs keyboard tray, knocking the tray with my TiBook to the
floor and irreparably shattering the plug that goes into the back of the
computer.

Then, during my recent 3-week absence from home (volunteer work for a
humanitarian NGO in Afghanistan) one of the aforementioned thugs must
inadvertently have kicked the cable from the power adapter to my wifešs
Lombard and broken one of the wires inside its plug.

Wait, therešs more . . .

And just now as I was writing this, no kidding, my daughter came into my
office and informed me that the same plug on her iBook, which she herself
had somehow damaged a while back, and shešs not even a galoot, has now
finally ceased to function at all.

I had already purchased a whole new adapter for the TiBook after looking
unsuccessfully everywhere I could think of for a new replacement plug. But I
really donšt want to buy two more adapters. There must however be any number
of fried TiBook-, Lombard-, and iBook-compatible power adapters lying around
out there whose plugs are perfectly good, and if I could just locate them, I
could fix my three. (Even though I bought the new adapter for the TiBook, I
might was well fix the original adapter plug and gain a spare.)

I figure that all I really need are three appropriate plugs in good shape
and with enough of the cable attached (3-4˛) so I can splice them onto the
remaining cables. (The TiBook and iBook plugs are of course identical.)

Anything wrong with this picture?

If not, is there anybody who would know where I might find one or more of
these plugs for the price of the postage, or for real cheap? Thanks ­ my
wife and daughter really need their Macs back.