> If you have a printer cable - you connect through the print ports of the
> two machines. It'll be slow but you can do it that way. I sometimes
> connect my 1400 to my G3 that way.
> You need a Ethernet hub or switch to use 10/100 ethernet. direct lines
> computer to computer doesn't work - I never heard of a gaming cable before.

It should work if it's a crossover cable, although on some systems because
of AppleTalk's "intelligent" [sic] detection system, it can be tough to get
AppleTalk working this way because the ad hoc network won't be up until
both machines are, and AppleTalk won't talk to Ethernet until there's a
network there. This isn't usually a problem for later versions of MacOS.

 Cameron Kaiser, Floodgap Systems Ltd * So. Calif., USA * [EMAIL PROTECTED]