At 12:10 PM +0100 12/10/04, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
    Hi all,

I was actually wondering if any hard drive in the market nowadays would actually
fit in a PB 1400.
I'm the proud owner of a 1400c/133 which works quite well with its 512 Megs
CompactFlash and its Orinoco Wifi card.
I was planning to upgrade its 1 Gig drive with a (lot) bigger one.

Pretty much any new HD will fit. At some point the manufacturers moved the mounting holes for 2.5" disk drives. The PB5300 uses the older pattern while the 3400c uses the newer. I don't know which the 1400 uses.

You can drill new ones if you need to. That is what I did with my 5300. But if you do have to, look at where the new holes will put the screw heads. I had a conflict in my 5300 and had to shift the drive lower in the housing (new drives are thinner than the original drive in my 5300 and probably likewise with the 1400.)
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA