On Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004  Kirk Zathey said:

> Once I zapped my PRAM and restarted with the floppy it
>worked, and I could swap them without sleeping,

(Snip)

The Expansion Bay Modules for the PowerBook 1400 Cannot Be Hot Swapped.
This can cause serious damage to the Module or logic board.
Always sleep or turn off the computer to swap modules.

> I am also wondering where I can get drivers for a
>Farallon EtherMac card? I currently have access to one and I am
>considering purchasing one.

Depending on which EtherMac Card you have, Blue Arrow or Red Arrow on top,
these links should help. I use one in my PB1400 and its is great.

For version 595a EtherMac Card, Red Arrow on front:

http://www.proxim.com/support/all/maccard/software/dl2001-09-10a.html

For version 595 & 895 EtherMac Card, Blue Arrow on front:

http://www.proxim.com/support/all/maccard/software/dl2001-09-10b.html

For all Farallon Ethernet Software:
http://www.proxim.com/support/all/maccard/software/index.html

Windows drivers are available for the 595a card, if you need to share.

There may be other resources for Farallon Software, but finding them is
hard to do. Proxim purchased the Farallon products while they were in
Bankruptcy. So far only a small amount of the Farallon Software has ever
been posted.

Farallon Software for the Skyline series of wireless cards and adaptors can
be found by following the links on my wireless FAQ page.

After Proxim dropped production and sale of the Skyline cards, they were
taken over by a group of former Farallon engineers, and they formed
MacWireless.com.

Also, if you are thinking about adding Wireless to your PowerBook 1400,
read the trouble shooting questions on my FAQ before you install the
EtherMac Software. Software for Wired and Wireless Ethernet will not
coexist peacefully on a PowerBook 1400.

Ken Vann