On 13 Jan, 2005, at 17:27, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

In a message dated 1/13/05 4:17:24 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Airport does not run on pre G3, in other words, even if you manage to
hack the installation (e.g. extracting the extensions with Tome
Viewer) it wont run on non G3 Macs.

I concur.

My 2400c once had Airport installed on it (must have had a G3 processor at
one time?) and it would not use my Orinoco Silver card. The software that comes
with the Orinoco card works fine, however.

As I mentioned before, all of my Nubus Powerbooks use Proxim Skyline cards
(only because the software goes all the way back to the 7.x OS's!), but as long
as your PPC'd 500-series can do OS 9, it should work...

HOW did you do that, anyway? And how does it run? I have OS 8.5 on my 183mhz
550c, and it is kinda slow....

Craig W.
The Hot'Lanta Texan

I have my 520 working with the lucent silver, and probably the gold one will work to. but I would probably rather have this working with airport. There is no real need of urgency to get this to happen, it would just be nice to have these antique working somehow :-) it does run 9 reasonably well, but I cannot get it to start using Virtual memory, which it would need to run any bowser.. netscape wants 25 mb of mem, and only like 10 is left or something...

How is the 550?  it would be nice to see one someday  :-)
and how did you get it to 183mhz?  mine is barely doing 100

-p