Hmm. I'm not terribly creative, it seems. I used to name all my Macs and their hard drive(s) after places or characters from The Lord of the Rings. I got tired of that right about when the first movie came out.

Anyway, at the time, the big hard drive where I kept all my goodies was called "Khazad-Dum"...

Now, any boot drive of mine is typically labeled "MacOS".

As far as customization, the drive that contained all my MP3s was called Aria and it's host Mac was called Opera (they've since been moved). That's about as creative as I get. The rest of my drives are usually rather descriptively labeled. My 250GB Western Digital is called "Western Digital 250GB". My 160GB Western Digital is called "WD 160GB". My 200GB Maxtor is called "Maxtor 200GB". They've got smaller 7-8GB partitions called "Maxtor 200GB Jr" and "WD 160GB Jr". My Barracuda is divided into two partitions - "1.99 Gig SCSI" and "6.47 Gig SCSI". These are all hosted on my "G4 Server" (a _HEAVILY_ upgraded beige G3).

My 9600 has a "Mac OS X" drive and a "Mac OS 9" drive. Of course, it's named "Mach5 9600 OS X".

My Pismo is named "Pismo" and has a "MacOS" and "Scratch" partition.

My 5300ce is named "Gizmo"  It's hard drive is also named "MacOS".

I'm (slowly) working on a hot-rodded 5300ce that will probably be named "Mustang" (after the code name for the never-released 5400 -- a 5300/1400 bridge model/hybrid).

The rest of my Macs are even less creatively named (usually named after model type), though none of them have "Macintosh HD" as their drive names.

I do try to differentiate all my hard drives, however, by using icons on them that match their host Macs. My beige G3 has a photo-realistic icon of a beige G3 minitower on it's boot HD. My Wallstreet has a Wallstreet icon on it's HD. My 5500 and 5400 HDs have 5x00 icons. My PowerTower Pro has a PTP icon. Etc.

Yeah.  I'm an engineer...

Peace,
Drew
--