Here's something to consider, if you are trying to connect wirelessly. I broadcast my cable connection via the airport card in my iMac which is connected directly to the cable modem. My PB, using Airport, could not connect to the internet after I turned on the Firewall on my iMac. with the Firewall turned off all is good. Is your network all e-net, wireless, or a combination? When I had both computers connecting wirelessly (I used to have an Airport that died), then both could connect OK.