Brian,

Zip drives had their time. They were a great
improvement over Syquest Drives but for a Powerbook
3400 you're better off using your Compact Flash PCMCIA
adapter and a Flash card rather than wasting money on
zip disks.

You tried zapping the PRAM right?

From what I've read on strings about this in the past
the VST drives use the normal drivers that come with
9.1+

Congrats on the new baby but lose the zip.

Matt aka HamletUSMC
http://www.geocities.com/hamletusmc/

Yeah, I know the zips are old tech but that's what I collect as a hobby. I've got about eight disks which, admittedly, are only good as long as I have a drive that reads them. Anyway, I will zap the pram, damn I keep forgetting that trick. And the Iomega icon is not on the control strip, as Ron suggested so I'll work on the drivers also.

It's the weekend so I can play with my 3400 zips, try to get USB on my G3 and figure out how to get Final Cut to load on the same G3. Life's no fun unless there is something to fix!

Thanks.
BM