Call me a skeptic but I don't buy the idea that Microsoft is going down and Apple is on its way to a respectable market share, let alone dominance. Us Apple users forget there are people out there, totally average people, who absolutely will not use an Apple. Most of the time I say I use an Apple people roll their eyes. And not geeks or IT guys, everyday people.

Let me amend that statement. If people open their minds and actually look at Apple products maybe its market share will grow. But people are lazy and would rather be unhappy with Windows than take the trouble to learn how to use an entirely new OS. And as a switcher myself, I can say that switching to Mac from Windows takes time and effort. It's worth it, but for those ingrained Windows users, especially older folks, it's a more difficult switch than we'd like to think.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see OSX offered on PCs in the near future. It's been said that Apple is a software company that sells hardware, and I can understand that. As much as like Apple's hardware, their software is even better. That said, if OSX was available on PCs, would Apple run into problems bundling it with iLife and iWork, like Microsoft has with its iExplorer and other apps?

If this is too OT, let us know.

Erich Z
Ypsi, MI
iMac G4 800 10.2.8, PB 520c 7.6.1