Angus Chalmers wrote:

Does anybody know what is the best place to get a wireless card that would
work on a powerbook 1400c and a base station that would be compatible?CHEAP?

I realize this probably will rock someone's boat but I've had more luck with ebay than with this list or the swap list. The reason is simply that there is no accountability on these lists where your rating, such as it is, of the seller on ebay means something to some people. In short, you've got no one to yell at here but on ebay you can squawk about poor service from a vendor. Plus you can check their other sales and see if there is something in the past to be wary of.
I regret having made a recent purchase from this list but any of the purchases from ebay have worked out way better than I expected. Your mileage may vary but it's worked for me.

To keep this on topic, I purchased an Orinoco card from ebay, I can send you the vendor off list, and it's worked very well on my 3400c. I think it was a silver one labelled Enterasys but it is the Orinoco card. 20 bucks US which was a steal as far as I can tell.
(Release the hounds! )

BM