> I tried EMMpathy a bunch of times. It works when it reads the memory
> the first time, but then the second time through it says that my
> SmartBattery is coruppted. Any idea how much those VST Chargers cost?
>                                                              -jkpj13
VST Chargers for the 500's are not made anymore. I know for a fact that there
are not any on eBay right now. However I have seen several on LEM Swap over the
years. I just bought one in fact for $10.  If you can't get it to work, you
might want to try resetting you PMU.

I believe it is ctrl-option-cmd-shift-power simultaneuosly. Check it if I'm
wrong. Make sure you have all your batteries out and AC unplugged for 5 min
before doing it. After you have done that run EMMpathy a few more time thru the
diagnostic cycles. Also make sure you have the SLEEP-drain extension installed.
If that does not work, you will probably need either a new battery or VST
charger.