Right. The end of the chain depends on what is in the line of the SCSI
chain. For example, the motherboard is always a 7. You want the HD as close
to the motherboard as possible, or 6. This makes access for your most used
device just a little quicker.

Put your other devices at other IDs but whatever is the lowest ID, ie
anything less than 6 (if you have two devices). This is the termination. If
you have three devices, then it is the lowest number ID that gets the
termination. If you have four devices, it is the lowest device that gets the
termination. See a pattern?

I had four devices.

7=motherboard
6= HD
5=unused
4=external HD
3=external CD
2=unused
1=unused

In this example, 3 is terminated. It is the Terminator. That girlie man.

Not an economic girlie man,

Dave

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote me on 5.6.05 5:58 AM. Joost van de Griek loves Macs!