>Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 12:33:01 -0400
>Subject: Orinoco Driver Loop
>From: William Damkoehler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>Hi, Listers.
>
>Just put an Orinoco Classic Gold wireless PC card into my Powerbook
>1400. I attempted to install a driver I downloaded from the Orinoco
>site (version 7.2) which is designed to work with OS 8.6 which I'm
>using on the 'Book. (This 'Book has been upgraded to a 233MHz G3, has
>the small HD and has 64MB of built-in memory.)
>
>When I attempt to run the installation I enter an eternal loop:
>Clicking "Install" leads to the "License Agreement" - clicking "Agree"
>leads to "Install" - clicking "Install" leads to the "License
>Agreement" - clicking "Agree" leads to "Install" - clicking "Install"
>leads to the "License Agreement" - clicking "Agree" leads to "Install"
>- clicking "Install" leads to...well, you get the picture.
>
>I've e-mailed Orinoco Support about this but have had no response
>except to say that I will get a response!
>
>I did track down an earlier version of the driver and am using it but
>would like the features of v7.2. Anybody else ever confront this
>problem?
>
>Thanks for all past, present and future expertise!
>
>-Bill

I have documented a problems similar to this on my wireless FAQ site. See
question 5. Try the solutions listed. Download same version of the
installer from a different location. Additional locations listed on my web
site.

This problem is only with the early PowerBooks which use card and socket
services v2. No you can not upgrade that, its in the ROM.

Ken Vann