paulmoshay wrote:

I recently purchased a sweet G3 333mhz Lombard on ebay.

I want to upgrade RAM (from 128mb). Looks like this would be a fairly easy self install from
the Apple support pages, yet i'm unsure what to buy.

for instance "OtherWorld Computing" lists two diff types of RAM;

TechWorks PC133 SO-DIMM -
OWC PC100 SO-DIMM Memory Modules -

I read this PB could accept 512mb, though I don't think my needs absolutely will require maxxing it out.

Hard Drive
My Lombard only has a 4 GB drive and I want to run OS X and have lots of free storage for Docs, etc.

How tough is self installing a HD ?
Is current ebay item # 5777771548   http://tinyurl.com/84s6a
HD on ebay a decent one ?

Suggestions for a budget conscious somewhat capable self upgrader ?

Thanks in advance !

Paul M.

Don't know about the ram, although I have upgraded my 3400c a couple of times and it's easier than upgrading the hard drive. Neither one is tough if you can get a copy of the manual, which a list member was thankfully able to supply.

I'd steer clear of the drive from e bay. You can pick up an 80 gig samsung drive with 8 meg buffer for for 133 at ncix.com. It is an oem drive, same as the other one, but ncix will stand behind it. Check it out here :
http://www.us.ncix.com/promo/promosale.php?webid=grand2005

The drive you suggested isn't even named. The fact that it is described as an 'Apple' upgrade means nothing since your Powerbook will take just about any ide drive. Big money for a no-name drive.

BM