Anybody here using a Lombard that is able to run their machine in Target Disk Mode (TDM) using a Firewire Cardbus?

I recently purchased a combo card USB2 and Firewire, installed the necessary drivers, but no luck connecting in either direction. Running OSX Panther 10.3.9 on the Lombard and on my AGP G4 Sawtooth. I can boot the AGP in TDM just fine, but its not seen by the laptop either. I can't boot the Lombard up in Firewire Target Disk Mode at all.

Are the PCMCIA slots capable of booting in Firewire Target Disk Mode on Lombards? The card works fine otherwise, such as transferring data to a portable hard drive.

One handicap I do have is that I am running the Lombard with a bad L2 cache, which works fine in Panther as long as I don't try to Restart. Booting cold ONLY after pressing reset switch every time, allows a clean boot and operation. No notice of bad cache either when booting into OSX.

Thanks for any help.
Dave