On Wednesday 08 June 2005 04:51 pm, Fluxstringer wrote:

 The nickname of the 1400 is " the tank" .

 At 5 pounds I don't know that you could term it " fairly light ".
 Luckily i have a wheeled backpack for classes!
 --
 Adrian

I consider anything under 7 pounds to be fairly light.  Now, as far as
durability goes, is the 1400 pretty tough, or do you have to be fairly gentle
with it, as I really need a durable, reliable machine. Then again, from the
nickname, it must be.

Caleb

--

I have not dropped it yet . But It has moved a lot and has been banged around a bit.

Never a whimper from it.

I really like it. At a stock 166 MHz it handles things outside the house just fine. Even some 1024X960 pics in Photoshop. With only 40 MB RAM and an 18 MB overhead in RAM from running OS 9.1 ( because I like the features and I couldn't find my *.5 disk when I needed a reinstall). 8.6 is certainly better for the RAM limits though. And I don't like a constantly grinding hard drive so I don't use VM.

I recently got an Orinoco Silver for it and as soon as I can get the cells to rebuild the battery I will start taking it to school more.

--
Adrian