Hello All.

I thought I would pass a long my solution for my Wallstreet II (PDQ) that
was not charging the battery.

After replacing the charge card, power card and other parts, I found that
the RF shield on the right side hinge of the PowerBook was just touching
the outer shield of the power plug, when the AC power supply was pluged in.

When I removed the AC power supply, the withdraw of the plug would pull the
shield back into proper position. The shield is a small piece of copper
tape with a glue backing. With age, this glue dried out.

Sealing the shield to its support with some contact glue solved the
problem, and the PowerBook now charges fine.

The moral to this story: Read the repair manual before taking it apart.
This symptom and the repair was in the manual. I just did not catch the
problem because every time I had the book apart, the shields seemed to be
in place.

I hope someone can learn from my mistake.

Ken Vann