Subject: Re: Slow 190 browsing.
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 13:41:15 -0400
From: Yersinia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Caleb Cupples writes,

<I have a dilemma. I've started using my 190 for web browsing, lately,
but I've been using Netscape 2.0, because iCab is so slow.

Trash the cache in case one's been piling up from the old days and pick
up the latest 68000 iCab from their home page! Works quick enough on my
PB 190, and it's the most advanced browser -- and latest compared with
even OS-X versions! -- it'll ever get. God bless the iCab crafters! I
only regret there's no mail program as advanced!

1. Upgrade to 7.5.5. The "path" is 7.5.2 to 7.5.3 to 7.5.5. Free from Apple -- all you need is floppies.
I have for portitions on my 30 meg Travelstar HD. On formatted in 7.6.1
(why settle for 7.5.5??), in 8.1, and the other two are HPS+ partitions
to really cram stuff in. The default start-up disk is 8.1 because it
feels and acts closer to OS 9, of course.

2. Install RAMDoubler 2 if you can. (I'd had that from my old Performa 475 days, and as it happened, my boyfriend also had a floppy of it too).
For some reason RAM Doubler 8 keeps crashing if I use my OS 8.1 32meg
190 in peculiar times. I dropped it and used RAM Charger instead.

James Greenidge